Are you interested in maintaining or achieving a healthy, functional, and strong smile? If so, it’s time to start preventing tooth decay! There are many things you can do to finally protect your smile from cavities as well as reach your oral health goals, and those things are:
• Use fluoride toothpaste and make sure to brush your teeth every morning, every night, and after every meal. If you can’t brush after each meal, you can rinse your mouth with water.
• Consider the option of dental sealants. Dental sealants are thin, plastic products that coat the surfaces of your teeth and protect them from tooth decay, bacteria, and infection. Sealants are great options for back molars and for children who are prone to tooth decay.
• Rinse your mouth with mouthwash. Bacteria-killing or fluoride-based mouthwash will strengthen your smile and give you the best chance at fighting cavities.
• Get a professional dental cleaning every six months. These appointments give your dentist and dental hygienist the chance to deeply clean your smile, examine your entire oral cavity, and provide fluoride treatments. This not only prevents tooth decay, but it also prevents other problems, like gum disease.
• Eat and drink healthy foods and drinks for your teeth. Healthy foods and drinks include water, meat, fruit, vegetables, milk, and cheese. However, if you do eat or drink unhealthy, sugary foods, like cookies, candies, and soda, please remember to brush your teeth after you do so.
Call our office today if you have any questions about avoiding cavities! We are here for you and your smile, and we are pleased to give you the advice and answers you need to achieve your oral health goals.