Dental implants are an amazing solution for patients looking to replace one or more missing teeth. Implants act as a replacement for both the root and the tooth, and effectively restore stability, strength, resilience, and support to the jaw and mouth.
The implants are surgically placed to either the lower or the upper jawbone of your mouth. When completed, an implant looks and feels like a natural tooth and will enhance and restore your smile.
Dental implants can:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth
- Alleviate joint pain and solve bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space
- Have appearance of natural teeth
- Restore your chewing, speech, and digestive functions
- Enhance or restore facial tissues
- Support a bridge or denture, lending security and comfort
Receiving your dental implants may require multiple visits to our office over the course of several months. During these visits, you will have X-rays and impressions taken of your mouth, surgical placement of the implant post and anchor, and the fitting and attachment of your new tooth or teeth.
During the procedure, your mouth will be numbed to help make your experience as comfortable as possible. We also provide time for healing between your appointments to ensure that your implant and artificial teeth are securely attached. This time will help provide you with optimal stability and comfort once the procedure is over. To find out more about the implant services at Blue Ribbon Dental, please give us a call. We’re always happy to answer your questions.