Bridges are non-removable dental appliances used to replace a missing tooth (or teeth). A bridge can be used to:
- Fill gaps left by missing teeth
- Prevent the shifting of teeth due to extra space
- Restore function to your bite
- Retain the natural shape of your face
- Replace a partial denture
- Promote a natural, radiant smile
Dental bridges are made of two crowns that go over the teeth, adjacent to the gap. We call these abutment teeth. Between the dental crowns, we place an artificial tooth, known as a pontic. The pontic will look and function like a natural tooth. The best part about having bridgework done is that when you smile, no one will know you have a dental appliance! Please call us to schedule a dental appointment to discuss whether a bridge is right for you.