If you value your teeth, then remember to floss. Flossing is essential to keeping your oral health in top-notch shape and can help your teeth endure a lifetime of use. Flossing keeps your teeth clean in the hard-to-reach places in your smile. To help you learn more about the importance of dental floss, our dentist, Dr. Ronald Levine in Germantown, Maryland, has provided you with some valuable insight.
Here are some reasons why dental floss is essential to your oral health:
– The average amount of time you should spend flossing between your teeth is every day for at least 2 to 3 minutes
– Clean between every tooth and behind the furthest row in the back of your mouth.
– Some individuals may struggle with traditional dental floss thread, as it can be difficult to use if you have muscle issues or are older. However, modern dentistry allows the use of water flossers to use beams of water to clean between your teeth much more easily.
– When using a dental floss thread, the ideal length should be between 16 and 22 inches in length. It should be this long, so you can clean between teeth without having to use the same section of a thread more than once.
– To lower your risk for contamination, never use the same thread strand for more than one flossing term.
– If you are struggling seeking out which products are best for your interdental care, speak with your dentist for flossing product suggestions.
– Make sure to use thread that will not tear when used, which is known as a shred-resistant thread.
If you have questions about your oral health, or if you need help with cavities, please call our dental office today at 301-540-8808 to make an appointment. Our dental team at the practice of Blue Ribbon Dental looks forward to helping you and providing you with the best care possible to help you achieve positive oral health.